Finding Dory is an upcoming American 3D computer-animated film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is a sequel to the 2003 Pixar film Finding Nemo. Andrew Stanton, who directed the original film, will return as writer and director, alongside Angus MacLane as the co-director.The film is scheduled to be released on June 17, 2016. It has also been confirmed that characters from the first film will appear in the sequel, including Dory, Nemo, Marlin and the "Tank Gang".
Finding Dory will be focused on the amnesiac character Dory, and will explore the idea of her being reunited with her family. The film will take place six months after the events of Finding Nemo and will be set off the coast of California.
One day, while at school on the Coral Reef with Nemo, Dory suddenly recalls her childhood memories. She sets out and arrives at an institute for undersea animals, where she befriends Hank the Octopus, who becomes her guide.
- Ellen DeGeneres as Dory, a Pacific regal blue tang
- Albert Brooks as Marlin, a clownfish, Nemo's father
- Diane Keaton as Jenny, Dory's mother
- Eugene Levy as Charlie, Dory's father
- Ty Burrell as Bailey, a beluga whale
- Willem Dafoe as Gill, a moorish idol who was one of Nemo's fellow tank inhabitants in the first film
- Vicki Lewis as Deb (and her sister, "Flo", Deb's reflection), a four-striped damselfish who was one of Nemo's fellow tank inhabitants in the first film
- Kaitlin Olson as Dory's adopted sister, a killer whale
- Dominic West
- Idris Elba
- TBA as Hank, a friendly octopus